Aitsa is an aftercare centre in the heart of Kylemore in the Dwarsriver valley and we currently have 180 children enrolled. The program aim to improve the quality of life and provide the children with a safe, stimulating and nurturing environment in the afternoons.
We want each child to get the opportunity to develop their natural talents, whether it be sport, art or other activities that they would not otherwise be exposed to.
The Aitsa cycling initiative was birthed out of a passion for sport and the need to develop the sporting skills of these children. Every Friday 20 kids get an opportunity to ride and have fun with volunteer coaches. We are committed to develop children’s Mountain bike skills by exposing them to regular MTB competitions, races and skills enhancement training.
We see ourselves as partners of the local primary school, PC Petersen as well as of the parents and want to support them where they do not have the time, expertise or resources to develop the children further.
You can become part of the journey by sponsoring a child financially through making a donation to the Aftercare centre.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org, follow us on our social platforms or visit our website.
Ride and fundraise for charity!
Have you entered the Origin of Trails or Fedhealth MTB Challenge events and want to be even more awesome? Why not support one of our official beneficiary charities for these events by donating or creating your own fundraising project, then have your friends and family support your ride by donating to it? It is quick, easy and secure!
• Aitsa is an aftercare centre in the heart of Kylemore in the Dwarsriver valley with 180 children. They aim to improve the quality of life and provide the children with a safe, stimulating and nurturing environment in the afternoons. Read more about Aitsa and donate here.
• The Stellenbosch Trail Fund builds and maintains hiking and cycling trails in and around Stellenbosch. Through the financial support of the public they are able to keep their trails permit free and open for all to use. Read more about STF and donate here.
How do you start fundraising?
1. Select the event of your choice below and click on “Fundraise” to view the official fundraising event page.
2. On the event page, click on “Start fundraising” to set up your fundraising project in 90 seconds.
3. When done, share your new project page it with your network and shamelessly appeal for donations. 🙂
4. Need a step-by-step guide? Download the Origin of Trails PDF and the Fedhealth MTB Challenge PDF.
All donations are secure and are processed by GivenGain, an online donation and fundraising platform in Switzerland.