The Run Your City (RYC) Series is excited to give runners from across South Africa (and the world) the opportunity to prove that unity is strength by taking part in the STRONGER TOGETHER 5K CHALLENGE on Saturday 31 July 2021.
“We all face adversity at some point in our lives,” says Michael Meyer, Managing Director of Stillwater Sports and founder of the RYC Series. “The goal of the STRONGER TOGETHER 5K CHALLENGE is to remind runners that we are stronger together and that anything can be accomplished when we are united. We invite all runners to sign up and complete a 5km run between 05:00 – 22:00 on Saturday 31 July 2021. Remember to capture and share your run, routes and photos to the RYC Series Club Page on Strava. Don’t forget to include #RunYourCity #StrongerTogether #RunPuma. An awesome pair of PUMA NITRO running shoes to the value of R4000 is up for grabs. Get out there and make an impact. Your efforts just might inspire others.”
EVENT DATES: RYC Series Running Club / STRONGER TOGETHER 5K CHALLENGE
Date: Saturday, 31 July 2021
Time: between 05:00 – 22:00
Activity: 5km Challenge
Route: Runners can choose their own location and route
HOW TO JOIN THE EVENT:
- CLICK HERE to “join” the RYC Series Running Club on Strava.
- If you have not yet done so, you will need to create a Strava Account before you can join the RYC Series Running Club.
- Runners are to join the STRONGER TOGETHER 5K CHALLENGE on the RYC Series Running Club by clicking on the orange “I’m in” button displayed next to the Event listing
EVENT DAY MECHANICS:
- Runners have from 05:00 – 22:00 on Saturday, 31 July 2021 to complete their run.
- Runners must record their run using a smartphone (Android or iPhone device) or smart watch (Garmin, TomTom, Suunto, Fitbit, Polar etc)
PLEASE NOTE: All runners must protect their health and safety and that of others by social distancing while running. Runners are encouraged to stay up to date on the latest news and guidelines from their local and national authorities.
MORE ABOUT THE PUMA NITRO Range:
Years of research and testing have gone into five new key styles—Deviate, Deviate Elite, Velocity, Liberate, and Eternity—all featuring PUMA’s cutting-edge supercritical foam technology, NITRO. NITRO foam makes the shoes extremely lightweight and responsive, to help runners use less energy and run comfortably so you can reach your goals. For more information on the PUMA Nitro Range CLICK HERE
Hashtag: #RunYourCity #StrongerTogether #RUNPUMA