With the action of the Run Your City Series (RYCS) Heritage Day Virtual Run still top-of-mind, event organisers Stillwater Sports are continuing the excitement with the launch of the Friday 5K Pop Up Run Series powered by PUMA.
“The Heritage Day Virtual Run was extremely well received. So much so that we have been inundated with requests for another event,” says Michael Meyer, Managing Director of Stillwater Sports. “We like to try new things and for that reason we are excited to launch the Friday 5K Pop Up Run Series powered by PUMA. The Series will consist of four bi-weekly 5km runs that will start and finish at a designated venue in Cape Town, Durban and Johannesburg. The venue location will be ‘released’ closer to each run. Entry is free of charge, but runners do need to sign up as we are limiting each Pop-Up Run to 70 runners (per city) to adhere to Government Regulations. The first 50 entries (per run and per city) will receive a limited-edition RYCS t-shirt.”
“Runners who complete all four runs stand a chance to win their share in spectacular sponsor prizes,” continues Meyer. “For a touch of flair each run will have a colour theme with the event t-shirt correlating with that theme. Runners who take part in all four runs will receive a RYCS medal and headscarf after the final run. If a runner cannot make it to the designated venue or if we reach capacity, he/she is welcome to take part virtually. In other words, they can run anywhere, take photographs and share them to social media. They won’t receive the RYCS t-shirt, but they will be eligible to win sponsor prizes. We invite all runners to join in on the fun at the Friday 5K Pop Up Run Series powered by PUMA.”
EVENT DETAILS: Friday 5K Pop Up Run Series powered by PUMA
|EVENT||DATE||START TIME||VENUE||COLOUR THEME|
|1. Friday 5K Pop Up Run #1||Friday 23 October 2020||06:30||· Cape Town: Bantry Bay / The President Hotel
· Durban: Promenade / close to Bike and Bean
· Johannesburg: Emmarentia Dam
· Virtual: Runners choose their route.
|2. Friday 5K Pop Up Run #2||Friday 06 November 2020||06:30||TBC||Orange|
|3. Friday 5K Pop Up Run #3||Friday 20 November 2020||06:30||TBC||Blue|
|4. Friday 5K Pop Up Run #4||Friday 04 December 2020||06:30||TBC||Pink|
ENTRY is FREE OF CHARGE, but you do need to sign up via the following link:
Timing and Results:
- All registered runners will receive a results link to which they need to load their results manually. Runners can track their run either with a sports watch, fitness tracker, their mobile phones or Strava.
- Results will sit in a national leader board (per run) on runyourcityseries.com
Exciting Sponsor Prizes up for grabs:
Runners who complete all four runs stand a chance to win the following prizes per city:
- 1x VIP GOLD Entry and a trip (for two) to a 2021 RYCS Event of your choice (Cape Town 12K CITYRUN, Durban 10K CITYRUN or Joburg 10K CITYRUN) worth R10 000 (flights and accommodation included).
- A pair of PUMA Ultra Ride Running Shoes worth R2000 (per City).
How to be eligible to win:
- Take a photograph after each run, either wearing the “colour themed” RYCS T-shirt or any T-shirt in that colour.
- Upload the photograph to the RYCS social media platforms together with a caption that answers the question “Why do you run?”.
- Tag Ctown12, Durban10k, Joburg10K and @PUMASouthAfrica
- Use the hashtags: #RunYourCity #ForeverFaster
- Winners will be announced at the end of the series.
For competition T&C’s CLICK HERE
Please remember to abide by all legal government regulations for exercise.
Hashtag: #ForeverFaster #RunYourCity