The iconic #ForeverFaster PUMA Beat Bolt Sprint is set to go virtual at the FNB Run Your City Series Heritage Day Virtual Run on Thursday 24 September 2020!
“The PUMA Beat Bolt Sprint is a firm favourite at all the FNB RYCS events,” says Agne du Plessis, Stillwater Sports Head of Road Running. “We were ecstatic to hear that PUMA wanted it to be included in the Virtual Run. The final 100m of the Virtual Run Course will make up the PUMA Beat Bolt Sprint. The RYCS App will tell runners when they have entered the final kilometre of the run. When runners reach the start of the final 100m they will be told to run as fast as they can. Once they reach the 10km or 12km mark (depending on the chosen course) the RYCS App will stop recording and runners will get to view their race splits and finish time.”
“We cannot wait for the PUMA ‘Beat Bolt’ Sprint to go virtual,” says PUMA Marketing Director Brett Bellinger. “It’s exciting that the RYCS App will warn runners when they are about to enter the PUMA Beat Bolt Sprint final 100m. Remember that you are going up against Bolt, so speed is required. Be sure to reserve some energy and give it your all over the final 100m. The male and female runner with the fastest time will each take home a R10 000 PUMA Retail Shopping Experience. There are also additional prizes for runners who complete the sprint in under 15, 20 and 25 seconds.”
Additional PUMA Prizes up for grabs: FNB RYCS Heritage Day Virtual Run participants that secure the following sprint times will qualify for discount vouchers instore at PUMA:
- Under 15 seconds for 100m: 30% discount off a purchase at the PUMA store
- Under 20 seconds for 100m: 20% discount off a purchase at the PUMA store
- Under 25 seconds for 100m: 15% discount off a purchase at the PUMA store
EVENT INFORMATION: FNB Run Your City Series Heritage Day Virtual Run
Event Date: Thursday 24 September 2020 / National Heritage Day
Entry Fee: R195.00
Time: Start – 08:00 / Cut Off – 12:00
Entries Close: Tuesday 22 September 2020 (midnight)
Enter Via: https://runyourcityseries.com/
The R195.00 entry fee includes:
- Entry into the FNB RYCS Heritage Day Virtual Run
- An event Race Pack to the value of R360.00.
Race Pack contents will include:
- An FNB RYCS Limited Edition Event Performance Tee
- An FNB RYCS Race Number
- A pair of stylish FNB Socks
- A DHL Water Bottle
- POWERADE ZERO
- Access to the Run Your City Series Tracking App to use during the Heritage Day Virtual Run. The App will be available to download from the Google Play and App Store from Monday 21 September 2020 and will track the runner’s progress on their actual route, while showing their ‘virtual position’ on the Cape Town, Durban or Joburg event routes.
- Race Pack delivery to the provided pickup location as selected during the entry process.
- A real time leaderboard will be available on the Tracking App.
- Final results will be shared to the Tracking App as well as the FNB RYCS website.
- All finishers will receive a digital Finisher’s medal and certificate.
Race Pack Delivery: Participants residing in South Africa will collect their Race Packs from the pickup location selected during the entry process. If you enter by Monday 14 September 2020 your Race Pack is guaranteed to be ready for collection before race day.
EXCITING NEWS: One lucky runner will win a weekend stay for two at the President Hotel in Bantry Bay. The prize is valued at R7500 and includes a VIP stay in a sea view apartment and delicious breakfast. To be eligible for the prize, on race day, runners need to upload a photograph of themselves before, during or after their run, in their best Heritage Day themed outfit.
T’s & C’s apply. Prizes are subject to availability, non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash. Prize is valid for 1 year and blackout dates may apply. No substitutions.
Charity Support: When entering online participants can choose to support the following FNB RYCS Charities: Cotlands, Johannesburg Heritage Foundation, Johannesburg SPCA, Reach For A Dream Foundation, TREE, Durban & Coast SPCA, LIV Village, iThemba Lethu, help2read, Die Burger Kinderfonds and The Cape Of Good Hope SPCA.
Remember to share your experience via social media!
For further information or to enter the FNB RYCS Heritage Day Virtual Run visit https://runyourcityseries.com/