The RUN YOUR CITY (RYC) Series together with PUMA is challenging runners from across South Africa to prove that they are #ForeverFaster by giving their all during the PUMA Beat Bolt Sprint section of the JOBURG 10K CITYRUN Virtual Edition that will take place on Friday 24 September 2021 (National Heritage Day).
“If you ask any RYC Series supporter to list the iconic elements of the JOBURG 10K CITYRUN, the DURBAN 10K CITYRUN and the CAPE TOWN 12K CITYRUN, the PUMA Beat Bolt Sprint is guaranteed to be in the top three responses,” says Michael Meyer, Managing Director of Stillwater Sports and Founder of the RYC Series. “We are therefore very happy to confirm that the PUMA Beat Bolt Sprint will make up the final 100m of the JOBURG 10K CITYRUN Virtual Edition ‘Virtual Route’. The RYC App, that will be available to download from the Google Play and App Store closer to the event date, will inform runners when they are about to enter the final 100m mark and will encourage runners to run as fast as they can over the final 100m distance. Once the 100m sprint is completed (and the 10km mark has been reached) the RYC App will stop recording and runners will get to view their race splits and finish time. We’d like to challenge all entrants to prove that they have what it takes to #BeatBolt at the PUMA Beat Bolt Sprint.”
“We love the idea of a virtual PUMA ‘Beat Bolt’ Sprint,” says PUMA Marketing Director Brett Bellinger. “Not only does it add excitement to a 10km run, but it also encourages runners to get out of their comfort zones, gets their heart rates pumping and ultimately pushes all runners to finish strong. Remember it is a sprint and you will be going up against Bolt. So be sure to reserve some energy for the final 100m. The male and female runner with the fastest time will each take home a R10 000 PUMA Retail Shopping Experience. There are also additional prizes for runners who complete the sprint in under 15, 20 and 25 seconds. Are you ready to #BeatBolt?”
Additional PUMA Prizes up for grabs: JOBURG 10K CITYRUN Virtual Edition participants that secure the following sprint times will qualify for discount vouchers instore at PUMA:
- Under 15 seconds for 100m: 30% discount off a purchase at the PUMA store
- Under 20 seconds for 100m: 20% discount off a purchase at the PUMA store
- Under 25 seconds for 100m: 15% discount off a purchase at the PUMA store
EVENT INFORMATION: JOBURG 10K CITYRUN Virtual Edition
|Event Date:||Friday 24 September 2021|
|Time:||between 05:00 – 12:00|
|Route:||Runners choose their own location and route|
|Entries Open:||Thursday 05 August 2021|
|Enter by midnight on Friday 10 September 2021 and have your Race Pack delivered in time for Race Day!|
|Entries Close:||Midnight 22 September 2021|
The entry fee includes:
- Entry into the JOBURG 10K CITYRUN Virtual Edition
- An event Race Pack to the value of R350. Race Pack contents will include:
- JOBURG 10K CITYRUN Virtual Edition Performance Event Tee
- JOBURG 10K CITYRUN Virtual Edition Participation Medal
- Race Number & Safety Pins
- Coca Cola 300ml Bottle
- VAWTER 300ml Can (optional)
- Access to the RUN YOUR CITY Series Tracking App to use during the Virtual Run. The App will be available to download from the Google Play and App Store (the date to be confirmed) and will track the runner’s progress on their actual route, while showing their ‘virtual position’ on the JOBURG 10K CITYRUN event route.
- Race Pack delivery to the provided pickup location as selected during the entry process.
- In addition to the Participation Medal, all finishers will also receive a digital Finisher’s medal and certificate.
- Exciting PUMA prizes will be up for grabs on the event’s social media platforms on race day.
CHARITY SUPPORT: When entering online participants can choose to support the following RYC Series Charities: Cotlands, Johannesburg Heritage Foundation, Johannesburg SPCA, Reach For A Dream Foundation, TREE, Durban & Coast SPCA, LIV Village, iThemba Lethu, help2read, Die Burger Kinderfonds and The Cape Of Good Hope SPCA.
The RUN YOUR CITY Series has partnered with GivenGain. When entering the JOBURG 10K CITYRUN Virtual Edition online, runners can also start their own fundraising page and support a cause that lies close to their hearts.
Remember to share your experience via social media!
Hashtag: #RUNPUMA #RunYourCity
PLEASE NOTE: All runners must protect their health and safety and that of others by social distancing while running. Runners are encouraged to stay up to date on the latest news and guidelines from their local and national authorities