The organizers of one of South Africa’s largest and most successful road races, the JOBURG 10K CITYRUN, have announced that the event will take place in a virtual format on 24 September 2021. The event forms part of SA’s premier road running series, the RUN YOUR CITY Series.
“We want to offer runners the best experience we can, given the current restrictions on mass participation events. In addition, runners deserve to get the best value for money for their entry fee, and our team has worked hard to ensure that we tick both these boxes,” said Michael Meyer, Managing Director of Stillwater Sports and Founder of the RUN YOUR CITY Series. “The entry fee will include a fantastic Race Pack filled with sponsor gifts including an official event performance t-shirt, a participation medal, a race number and access to the official RUN YOUR CITY Series Tracking App, to mention just a few of the offerings. Runners that enter (and pay) by midnight on Friday 10 September 2021 will have their Race Pack delivered to the pickup location selected during the online entry process.”
To add to the experience, entrants will be able to download the RUN YOUR CITY Series App prior to race day. The App brings the excitement of race day to runners, spectators, and fans by delivering real-time racing and results. Participants will track their progress on their actual route, while showing their ‘virtual position’ on the Joburg 10K CITYRUN event route. Runners from all over South Africa will get to join in on the fun and be part of the JOBURG 10K CITYRUN Virtual Edition.
“Instead of cancelling this annual road running celebration, we want to ensure the JOBURG 10K CITYRUN stays alive and well, and as such we are very excited to offer runners a fun alternative by going virtual and letting the Heritage Day Celebration continue,” adds Meyer. “As it is a virtual race, the #J10K invites participants from all over South Africa to unite (virtually) in the spirit of camaraderie, pride and celebration.”
In closing, Meyer said: “We are excited to celebrate National Heritage Day with thousands of runners Nationwide at the JOBURG 10K CITYRUN Virtual Edition. On this day, South Africans are encouraged to celebrate their culture and the diversity of their beliefs and traditions, so let’s #RunJoburg together!”
EVENT INFORMATION: JOBURG 10K CITYRUN Virtual Edition
|Event Date:||Friday 24 September 2021|
|Time:||between 05:00 – 12:00|
|Route:||Runners choose their own location and route|
|Entries Open:||Thursday 05 August 2021|
|Enter by midnight on Friday 10 September 2021 and have your Race Pack delivered in time for Race Day!|
|Entries Close:||Midnight 22 September 2021|
The entry fee includes:
- Entry into the JOBURG 10K CITYRUN Virtual Edition
- An event Race Pack to the value of R350. Race Pack contents will include:
- JOBURG 10K CITYRUN Virtual Edition Performance Event Tee
- JOBURG 10K CITYRUN Virtual Edition Participation Medal
- Race Number & Safety Pins
- Coca Cola 300ml Bottle
- VAWTER 300ml Can (optional)
- Access to the RUN YOUR CITY Series Tracking App to use during the Virtual Run. The App will be available to download from the Google Play and App Store (the date to be confirmed) and will track the runner’s progress on their actual route, while showing their ‘virtual position’ on the JOBURG 10K CITYRUN event route.
- Race Pack delivery to the provided pickup location as selected during the entry process.
- In addition to the Participation Medal, all finishers will also receive a digital Finisher’s medal and certificate.
- Exciting PUMA prizes will be up for grabs on the event’s social media platforms on race day.
PLEASE NOTE: All runners must protect their health and safety and that of others by social distancing while running. Runners are encouraged to stay up to date on the latest news and guidelines from their local and national authorities.